Thursday, September 3, 2009

daily life

I wonder if Joshua ever felt overwhelmed. That's probably a silly question considering the tasks at hand and who he was working with. But sometimes its easy to forget the people we read in the Bible were real with everyday issues and the people they had to rub shoulders with had issues too. I'm sure Joshua had a few things on his plate to care for and I'm not so sure he had any spiritual secrets, he just did life daily.

I'm taking a grad class these next few weeks called "Bible Overview". This week we're studying, among other things, Joshua and Israel's beginnings in the promised land. I have to admit that the start of the new semester of teaching, and taking a class, along with the remodeling in the basement, prepping for speaking weekends coming up and the prep each week for sunday school has definitely begun to take a toll on my mind and emotions.
But like Joshua I am seeking to rely on God's presence and remain strong and courageous to just do what He calls me to do today, and leave tomorrow for another day's concerns. I am tired, but He has promised me the strength I will need to do what He asks of me...so with that in mind I'm trying to not waste that strength on other things--wrong thinking or emotions, worry, etc--and try and remain focused on what I have to do for today.

now where did I put that to-do list?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sherry,
    Great blog. I can relate! I just wrote this in my most recent prayer letter, "A new season of ministry has started here at Family Life. Our first Seniors Luncheon on the road and the first one of the season is this Thursday. The truth is that I often find myself bogged down with the dozens of details that surround every event; my joy can get buried under my to-do list. Please pray that I would notice and delight in the myriad of small gifts God offers each day. That I would realize that each moment is pregnant with possibility." Yep, doing life daily or minute by minute!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete