Wednesday, September 9, 2009

its Wednesday

I'll admit it. This morning I was really feeling it...not the good "it", but the overwhelmed, so tired don't really want to think but will do what i have to do anyway, "it". Wednesday's are my longest day of the week with the way the classes are scheduled, and I affectionately refer to it as the "day from...God" :) Truly, I know God is faithful and will work His plan, but this morning as I was talking to Him, my heart was heavy and I was asking for some kind of encouragement.
My grad school course "Bible Overview" reading is in most of the prophets this week and I had already determined I would NOT be doing school work reading for my quiet time today. I needed something...I needed Him. I decided to turn to Isaiah 40 and 41. In His own wonderful way God's Spirit connected with mine to remind me (not rebuke me, mind you) of His strength. He is plenty big enough, and strong enough, and mindful enough, and loving enough to care for what He has orchestrated in my life right now.
Isaiah 41:10 is my Gram's favorite verse. She is 96 and you can't talk with her for 10 min without hearing her quote it to you. "Do not fear, for I am with you. Do not anxiously look about you for I am your God. I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." There isn't much more that needs to be said. I know He's there. And I'm so thankful for His grace that is so gracious in my weakness. I hope the verse was an encouragment to you too.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love that verse, Sherrie, and can never read it or hear it without thinking about Grandma Black and her great love for God! Thanks for the encouragement. ~John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great encouragement for us all! I'm new to your blog and am really enjoying it. I have been overwhelmed this week as well...for those of us that work in schools/colleges/universities the start of a new school year can be exhausting. Thank you for the reminder that these days are days from...God!

    ReplyDelete