Sunday, September 27, 2009

knowledge is power!

This week...
-studying, reading, studying, an exam
-a Trustee dinner
-more reading and writing
-teaching
-speaking at the Heritage Ladies Retreat--and what a great time we had centered around the Word and a series entitled, Come As You Are. I spent Friday night and Saturday with a wonderful group of ladies as we thought through the concept of coming to God. Wow, there's so much to say, but one of the things I will remember are all the poses they came up with to communicate the idea of "come". It was inspiring.
-studying and preparing for the bible study class this morning
so...that was last week and this week started with the phrase, "knowledge is power". Ever heard it before? We are on week 4 of our series in our Wellspring Bible Study class entitled, "What do you know?" We are looking at some of the places in Scripture where God says, "know this..."
Psalm 100 is a "Psalm of Giving Thanks" and all centered on the knowledge that the LORD is God--He has made us and cares for us as our Shephard. That knowledge results in the power to respond to my circumstances with out loud, outpouring, and out in the open thanksgiving.
So, as we start the week...how about it? How about using the knowledge that the self-existant, covenant-keeping YAHWEH is God to help you respond with thanksgiving? We can start by just being intentionally thankful to God. What if God always treated us like we do children when they are given something--"What do you say?" Perhaps we have lost the art of being a grateful people, and perhaps it is because we have forgotten who it is that is REALLY in control.
I'm off to do more reading. Know this week that there is Someone in control and that He cares for you abundantly, no matter what your circumstances may seem to say about that. Know the LORD is God...and be thankful.

1 comment:

  1. Being "intentional," it's the name of the game isn't it? I left the lights on in my car yesterday and when I went out to leave for work this morning...well, dead battery. My father-in-law was gracious enough to rescue me by driving over here to jump my battery. I thanked my father-in-law BUT I also thanked my God. God took the time this morning to remind me at the start of my day of how much He cares for me and looks out for me. I love Him.

    ReplyDelete