Sunday, September 13, 2009

here we are again

...at the start of another week. Its Sunday night and before I head off to bed I can't help but look back over the past week with all its pressures and smile knowing that God has indeed been faithful to bring me to this point. My reading for my online class got done, though it was later than I usually like; my teaching prep and classes all happened (though the content changed in the middle of one of them!); we had a great time at Palisades Community Bible Church yesterday; our Wellspring bible study class went well today and ....here I am getting ready to get up and do it all again, should God give me another day.

The theme of God's timing has been "popping up" recently. All the reading I've been doing in the prophets certainly has had something to do with that. Then, listening to several women tell their story of God's grace in their lives and how He has brought them all together at their church was a great reminder of God's continual working...and His continued working.

So, this week as I begin and face whatever it is God has planned I want to be aware of His work and His time, and be intentionally yielded to it. I know He has my best and His glory in mind. Now I've just got to get that out of my head and anchored in my heart so that it overflows in my life.

We sang a song in church today that "gets me" everytime. I believe the title is, "Who May Ascend". The chorus says,
So do what You will,
do what You want
We have decided to trust You only
We want to be wherever You're wanting,
You are the Lord of our lives
Another section states,
Lord, not my will, but Your will, let this be my cry

No matter what is going on, I want that to be my heart's resolve. Its ok that its hard, God knows, He sees, and He is at work--in His way and His time.

I hope your week makes Him look good! Here we go again...

1 comment:

  1. "I hope your week makes HIM look good!" I like that. I think it calls for a 3 x 5 on my make-up mirror...

    ReplyDelete