Tuesday, August 25, 2009

a traditionalist at heart

Today marks the beginning of my 24th year here at Baptist Bible College. I won't take the time to rehearse all that's happened in those years, but tonight I just thought I'd write about the traditional CONVOCATION that we open the school year with.

As we lined up today I almost got a little teary just thanking God for His grace and so many blessings that brought me to BBC as well as kept me here. As I stood in line waiting to begin marching (which took a little longer than expected as the Provost tried to get the accompaniest's attention and let him know we were ready! ha!) I was overwhelmed with gratitude. God made me to teach, I know that, and that He's letting me do it again here at BBC is a good thing.

You may need to remind me I said all that as I begin my class schedule with a full day tomorrow. Wednesdays have a back-to-back-to-back (you get the idea) schedule. So hold on, here we go again...and no matter what I might say in the midst of the busy schedule and craziness...I'm so glad I get to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment