Sunday, August 2, 2009

the end is near :)

I can hardly believe its August already. Besides being the best month of the year (I'm a little partial!) it means summer is officially coming closer to the end. These months have been so busy, the time seems to have gone by faster than it usually does. LYFE Conference, Basketball AAU tournaments, working in the office, work on the house, friends and family visits...there certainly was alot happening. Today I'll leave for Kingdom Bound! I have to admit, I'm excited and a little nervous. What a neat opportunity. They've asked me to come for a radio interview at 7:30 am and then to speak at 1:30. After that my friends and I get to enjoy some great music and,...even more important...each other :)

Take some time to enjoy what God has placed around you today. I don't want to come to the end of the summer and think to myself, "what in the world did I do these past few months?" I want to keep my eyes open and catch all that God has for me each and every day--sometimes I agree with it and like it, and sometimes I don't, but I'm trying to live more by faith these days than ever. If He is who He says He is, and will do what He says He will do (and I believe He is, and will!!) then I need to stop keeping Him in the little box I've made and allow Him to be my God.

Live like crazy today and find your true satisfaction in God alone. David wrote about it in Psalm 63...check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment