Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Celebrating Love

Wow! Its February already!!! Seems like just yesterday we were talking about finishing 2011 and beginning 2012. Here we are well on our way. As we begin what is often referred to as the “Love Month” I thought it might be good to reflect on a few of the gifts God has given me recently.
January brought a celebration of life and heritage as we sang “Happy Birthday” to my Gram. She turned 99 last month! What a wonderful gift God has given in this godly heritage. I am blessed to live close enough to be a part of the celebration and celebrate we did—complete with ice cream, cake, and several rounds of “skip-bo”.

Last week God also blessed me with a “family reunion” of some former basketball players. Over 20 people (players, husbands/fiancĂ©e’s, and a few children, and even some player’s parents) gathered at my house throughout the weekend. Our main time together was dinner Saturday night. What a great time to watch, listen, and enjoy all that God has done and continues to do in each of us. I enjoy their interactions with one another. This is a special group of women and I am blessed to be called their “coach”.

A new semester has started here on the campus of Baptist Bible College. Along with the usual Physical Education majors’ core courses, I have the privilege to teach the New Testament epistle, 1 Peter, this semester. What a wonderful reminder of our living hope, and how we should respond in light of it! I am thoroughly enjoying the group of students God has brought together for the class this year.

Oh how He loves me! There are so many other ways God has shown me His love—anything from finding lost earrings, to good health, to my job here at BBC, to the people in my home church…and the list goes on. I hope you are aware of all the ways God is showing you just how much He loves. Even if your life isn’t what you think it should look like right now, God IS revealing Himself and when we open our eyes to seeing Him rather than our circumstances, He helps us see some of the ways we have been missing.

Celebrate the “Love Month”! Celebrate God’s love for you by seeing who He is, what He has done, and then responding.

No comments:

Post a Comment