Sunday, May 23, 2010

Be Real

It’s the Sunday after the first weekend of LYFE Conference and my body is definitely feeling it, but my mind and heart are full! I’ve met new friends, as well as reconnected with old ones. I’ve had opportunities to teach the Word, to be encouraged by it, and most of all to stand back and watch God’s careful and purposeful knitting of all the details, topics, and events of the weekend together for His purposes and His glory.

This morning in our bible study we studied Psalm 8, and David’s praise to Yahweh—so appropriate for this weekend. Looking back I cannot help but recognize God’s work and to give praise and thanksgiving to our good God. Perhaps I’ll write my own song of praise tonight.
We talked about “getting a grip on reality” in the two main sessions; that means my “reality” will give plenty of opportunity to prove the truth of the Word these next couple weeks. I don’t know if life’s circumstances really do change, or if I am just more aware of what has just been studied…maybe a little bit of both. So these next few weeks, I’ll be trying to be especially aware that God is, that’s He’s got my back and that Jesus IS coming. With those truths in mind, my desire is to live life with an “above the sun” perspective even though it is hard, not fair, and totally out of my control.

How about joining me in this walk in “real life” this week? Walk with the belief that God is who He says and will do what He says He will do, no matter how you feel, knowing God promises to work it all for your good and His glory. Let’s not allow real life get the best of us. Live real this week…because our God is!

No comments:

Post a Comment