Monday, October 19, 2009

a new view

...that's what I have this week. Its like the lady with the big hair that was sitting in front of you during the meeting has moved and now you can actually see what's going on. I kind of have that sense now that my grad online course is done. Several people have asked, "so, what are you going to do with all your spare time?" Ha! I have to smile at that. This class wasn't just filling my spare time. But now that its done, I can begin to work on those things I've put on the "to do when the class is over" list. That includes things like--hanging an interior door in my basement, caulking windows, even making some banana bread, and other home "stuff"; grading, course prep, more grading, and other teaching "stuff"...I think you get the idea. We all have those lists. My problem has always been that I want them done all at once...but up to this point in my life that has not happened. Getting things done is just process, like everything else in life. So, I suppose its time to enjoy the view.
This past weekend was a wonderful time in Bellfonte, PA with a group of women at First Baptist. We had a great time talking about Courageous Faith! Then on the way home I was able to enjoy dinner with some friends. I am so thankful that God places people along our traveling paths. What a blessing to enjoy the company of people with whom we have built friendships. Sometimes He takes us to them, and other times He allows them to travel back to us. Either way its not necessarily a new view, but it is a comfortable and certainly an enjoyable one!
I hope you are able to see whatever is in your line of vision today as just what God wants you to see--whether its people, tasks or events--be a participant and enjoy the view.

No comments:

Post a Comment